Write on the Sound (WOTS) is a unique, high quality, affordable conference focusing on the craft of writing. Over 30 workshops and panel discussions are presented for all levels and interests, including valuable information regarding today's publishing industry. A limited admission of 275 attendees makes WOTS the perfect place to spark your creativity, share ideas and network with other writers.
Now in its 29th year, WOTS attracts presenters and participants from all over the Northwest, the U.S. and from abroad. Plenty of free time is available to explore the picturesque community of Edmonds, located right on the Puget Sound.
This year's conference highlights are:
* Pre-conference full-day and half-day workshops and sessions
* Over 30 regular conference workshops and panel discussions
* Manuscript critiques
* A writing contest (this year's theme is "Catch")
* An evening with film critic Robert Horton on Friday Oct. 3
* Keynote speaker Robert J. Sawyer on Saturday Oct. 4
* Round table topic discussions during Sunday Oct. 5 lunch hour
* Presentation by illustrator and author Robyn Chance on Sunday Oct. 5
We hope to see you in October! If you have questions, you may contact conference staff
Click here for the 2014 Conference Schedule and link to Registration
Enrollment for the workshops is limited.
Pre-Conference (October 3)
$75 Pre-Conference Half Day Workshops
$125 Pre-Conference Full Day Workshop
Edmonds is a town of 40,000 located on the shores of Puget Sound in Snohomish County, about 20 minutes north of Seattle, and 45 minutes from SeaTac airport. With outstanding views of the water and the Olympic mountains to the west, Edmonds has a charming downtown including boutiques, travel specialties, galleries and restaurants. Known as an arts community, Edmonds is home to outstanding performing and visual arts and a historic museum.